A strange noise in mc 808

Forum for MC-808
redshift

A strange noise in mc 808

Post by redshift »

Hi
After using my mc 808 for almost two years I came across a noise problem that I can not understand. I noticed it after recording a track in cubase 5 that was synced to the mc 808 and a sh 201synth. Hearing what was recorded, I found that the track was corrupted with a noise characteristic of bad wire connection or something like that. I started to verify the hardware setup and ended at the mc 808. I first thought the wire was not ok but to my surprise the noise was coming from the specific pattern number 220 (Spacefunk!). I can play the pattern normally but there is a continue background noise even when the music is stopped. I checked all the other patterns and everything is ok.
I tried a factory reset but it did not work.
Has someone experienced a problem like that?
Any idea of the origin of that?
Thanks.
KRE8A

Re: A strange noise in mc 808

Post by KRE8A »

I have experienced a static like noise on my MC-909 , quite a while back. I found that the Multi - Effects wasn't set to default, when I was experimenting with the song, [ making changes ]. The noise for me also continued when stopped. Even when I turned off the power and re-booted and played back.

I ended up calling ROLAND for help and remember the guy saying vaguely that I most likely made a change, that's causing the irritable noise.
Probably a Gated re-verb `` with sustain-release `` that was emitting the duration of the noise. I can't re-call exactly, which processor was selected; but when I re-assigned a different FX Pro/ thru the route, re-wired, it was all OK after-wards.

BTW.....I never executed a reset. So if you still have the problem, try De-fault or re-route. It might work.