MC 808 cf card slot problem

Forum for MC-808
slashster

MC 808 cf card slot problem

Post by slashster »

hi all

my cf card slot has a problem when card is inserted it shows message the same as when no card in inserted (Card Not Ready) .have tried another 2 cards same responce.anyone had this problem happen or know of a fix for it? also does anybody have Diagnostic Mode imformation or a service manual that i can get for the MC 808 like the Mc 505 & MC 909. slot has no bent or broken pins and cards are working ok on computer & other gear .would updating to latest MC 808 os fix?any help greatly appriciated.

cheers
dr_boehm

Re: MC 808 cf card slot problem

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

there are CF cards that do not work with MC-808. I had bought a set of cheap 1GB cards but they did not work. On computers they were working without problems.

So, have you tried cards from different manufacturers?

Also: The official limit is 1GB. Do you have bigger cards?

Bye, Dirk.
slashster

Post by slashster »

Hi Dirk

i have another MC 808 that they work in fine so i dont know why they dont work in this one.is there diagnostic tests than can be run on these like the MC 505 & MC 909?

cheers
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

there is and when i had problems with my ram i ran them. But i totally forgot the key combination that had to be pressed when switching it on.

I think it was something like [Shift]+[MuteAll]+[..........]

But have the data backed up to a computer as this procedure will overwrite the MC-808 memory.

Maybe you can find something in the net.

Bye, Dirk.