Integrating MC 808 and MC 505 (like Vanderson does)

Forum for MC-808
moondog

Integrating MC 808 and MC 505 (like Vanderson does)

Post by moondog »

I have tried it once and it worked but that's more than 2 years ago. Now I want to do again but lost the way to workaround.

I put the mc 505 in slave mode and I turned the mc 808 iinto master mode.
I remember I only used one midi cable. I turrned something like RX or so, Forgot about the real procedure.

Mayb someone knows exactly how to use the mc 505 iin sync with mc 808.

Perhaps the magnificant musician VANDERSON can give some input here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7lrFEeMzCw

Thanks in advance
vanderson

Re: Integrating MC 808 and MC 505 (like Vanderson does)

Post by vanderson »

ok, i will try to explain (sorry for my poor engilsh)

1) If you want only a tempo sync with booth grooveboxes (without send the midi notes) : MC-808 > tempo sync to >MC-505

set the MC-505 to slave mode, in MC-808 you must change MIDI OUT settings for the all tracks (channels) SHIFT + PAD 13 (part parameters, and move cursor to SEQ OUTPUT ASSIGN) all tracks you must change to INT (internal) now MC-808 play only the internal tone generator without send anything to MC-505

Remember to save the pattern with new settings, because after power off, track parameters set to default ..

2) If you want play a tempo sync and send some notes from MC-808 to MC-505.
Once again you must change settings in tracks, for which you want transmit to MC-505, so press SHIFT + PAD 13 (set to EXT external, now you can play notes from MC-808 but hear sounds only from MC-505, also you can set to BOOTH and play notes and hear sound from booth grooveboxes at the same time...)

I hope if I helped a little :)

Greetings
Vanderson
moondog

Re: Integrating MC 808 and MC 505 (like Vanderson does)

Post by moondog »

Hi Vanderson,

Super....Thank you very much for your fast explanation. Will try the setup as you explaned here.

Besides your English is not so poor at all. I'd like to lean and read more tips and ticks from you about mc 505 and/or mc 808 because I love those machines. It's just a question about how to use them.

Again thanks and keep making that brilliant music

dziękuję,
moondog