CF Card slow to load

Forum for MC-808
vonathon

CF Card slow to load

Post by vonathon »

Hey All,
got my groovebox back in may, it's been heaven ever since (it's safe to say i'm in love with a machine), but it's got a couple of little quirks. one of them is that whenever there's data on my CF cards the groovebox takes longer to start up, and depending on how much data, can take quite a while (a few minutes). also, most times it'll just freeze in the middle of starting up and i have to power off/on again. i feel like the slow loading is probably normal, but the freezing shouldn't be happening. i was just wondering if the slow loading is even an issue, if anyone else has had these issue of slow loads and freezing, and if there's anything i can do to fix it.
thanks!
-vonathon
leukegast

Re: CF Card slow to load

Post by leukegast »

It's normal, you can calculate the time it will take to load the amount of sample data and the transferrate of your CompactFlash card.

The best solution is use a fast CF card, and use alot of CF cards, so you don't store too much and too long samples on one card.
vonathon

Post by vonathon »

ok, yeah that makes sense, i just got a couple cheap ones. any suggestions on some high speed CF cards?
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

i just tested 2 cards with some sample data. First is a no-name standard card, the second a 80x speed card. The no-name non high speed card was at the same speed as the 80x speed card. So this suggests that the bottle neck is not the CF card but the internal logic of the MC-808.

Bye, Dirk.