New user - MFX question

Forum for MC-808
PLOVA

New user - MFX question

Post by PLOVA »

Hi

I have just purchased a 2nd hand MC 808 and need a question answered please.

I have applied an MFX1 effect to track/channel 1 on the 808.

When the MFXC1 slider is at the bottom position, I thought I would hear my dry, unaffected sound, but it is just a low volume signal with the effect applied.

So how can you play your sound with an MFX effect and switch between it's dry and wet states - and record these changes?

I suppose the ideal would to be able to record the MFX on/off buttons. What is the alternative?

Any help appreciated, many thanks

PLOVA
dr_boehm

Re: New user - MFX question

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

have a look at the manual. For each effect there are 2 parameters that you can adjust with slider C1 or C2. In most cases one of the sliders is the effect depth.

Bye, Dirk.
PLOVA

Re: New user - MFX question

Post by PLOVA »

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I stayed up late last night experimenting and learnt a lot in a few hours. But the MFX issue still remains.

The sliders don't seem to alter the effects much on many of the FX, and I have read the manual thoroughly.

Even something basic like Distortion - surely there must be a way to raise the slider on a dry sound so it morphs into the wet sound?

It just seems to drown the sound completely but the slider doesnt change much at all. It is definitely working/doing something, but it's very subtle.

Is there a system setting that enables you to select which parameters the sliders affect and by what percentage, or is this only available in the editor?

Cheers

PLOVA