bassline programming

Forum for MC-808
Adekoyote

bassline programming

Post by Adekoyote »

I am trying to understand how to program basslines in the same way I work with the D-16's vst plugin Phosycon.

I am having a hard time understanding slides and accents and gating. I kind of understand hard the step record works...but it is hard for me to understand it or edit it after I record it.

I have a windows xp64 bit system, as well, and the software drivers don't work.

Basically after reviewing information on this equipment I am happy, but confused. It seems to be a fantom with no screen and a hot key focused control set up...Which is great for live performance, but I have to admit I find it counter intuitive wehn it comes to constructing the elements that make up my songs.

I need to know,

How to control the length of each note, then

Is there an accent function?

Is there a slide function?

Thanks in advance!
Adekoyote

Re: bassline programming

Post by Adekoyote »

well I just wanted to post a viable solution...because step sequence programming in the mc 808 leaves a little to be desired...it makes you hunt and peck...not at all intuitive....unless I missed something in the manual...

at first I have to admit I was kinda pissed and I felt like I had bought a lemon of a groovebox...

but then I began to work with it in ableton...and other vst's...namely D-16 phosycon plugin, which has the interface I expect when using a software, hardware for bassline programming.

basically the combination of the two (roland synth) + phosycon(tr-303) emulation allows you to leverage the synth and program basslines as you would program the drum machine using just the roland...with the added advantage of using the synth patches + effects for the basslines(along with the 303 sound if you wish)