chords and pads

Forum for MC-808
Adekoyote

chords and pads

Post by Adekoyote »

Chords and pads are another area I am having trouble with. I know how to make the sound on the box, but I usually use a piano roll in ableton to shift the chords and timing around. What are some methods used to do so with the MC-808?

I don't really play real time, especially if I don't know how to modify my performance after I complete it.

Some insight on how to make chord progressions...

I am sorry if these questions seem basic or infantil to people who have used this box for a while, but I got into electronic music from using software first, and then along the way I started researching grooveboxes...which led to me purchasing an mc 808.

I know I could easily just pipe the sound into ableton and sample it, but I feel like that would devalue the purchase and the potential of being able to play it live.
Adekoyote

Re: chords and pads

Post by Adekoyote »

The main problem I have is that I can't see what I am working with after I record. I going that means I am spoiled, but I really would like to learn how to see what is going on after you record some stuff. Drums and other mono pitch sounds are easy to analyze and re-edit, but pads(duration based sound) and chords sounds that are comprised of related key groups. are difficult to visualize.