Arpeggiator

Forum for MC-808
Adekoyote

Arpeggiator

Post by Adekoyote »

All I can say is that this is one of the stronger points of the MC-808. by default you have 128 different arpeggiator setting, but then if you consider that its sound depends on how many keys is it cycling through and then the light and heavy shuffle along with the speed and octave settings...it is a very good...and you can always record the midi data into your DAW. quite handy indeed.
DaniH

Re: Arpeggiator

Post by DaniH »

The thing I hate about it is that you cannot arpeggiate any incoming notes so it has to be done on the MC-808 itself. Or if you can I have not figured out how to do so.
Adekoyote

Post by Adekoyote »

I am not sure I follow you...could you maybe route the midi from the arpegiator into ableton and back into the mc 808 via the import/export utility... :/
DaniH

Post by DaniH »

You can route the arp from the midi/usb outs into Ableton, yes. But what I was talking about is having the midi-in notes being arppegiated, the MC-808 does not arppegiated them only when you press the notes on pads from the MC-808 itself.

I could be wrong though.
Adekoyote

Post by Adekoyote »

hmmm. shouldn't that depend on the settings of the patch? great food for thought! I will have to look into that...hmmm...
j[b++]

Post by j[b++] »

I can't control the arpeggiator via an external keyboard too. And I hate it too.
Although the manual mentions it should be possible on page 54, if I understand it right.

Pressing a chord to play an arpeggio (Arpeggiator) -> Modifying the arpeggiator settings -> Remote keyboard switch

At there page 120 is referenced ;-)

Settings related to MIDI reception (Rx MIDI) -> Remote keyboard switch:

Set this parameter "ON" when you want to use an external MIDI keyboard instead of the MC-808's keyboard pads.

This remote keyboard switch has no effect in my setup. I can play notes via an external keyboard wether it is turned "ON" or "OFF". But no effect are applied to the MIDI data like ARPEGGIO or CHORD MEMORY

I would be very glad if someone has ever brought it to work and could show me how it has do be done.
CablePatchKids

Post by CablePatchKids »

This one had me stumped for a minute too.

You need to activate Remote Keyboard SW (on) in the arpeggio and or chord settings. Hit shift and arpeggio, then cursor right to the last window.

Now if someone could explain making my external sequencer not send every channel to every part, I would be so happy. (Seems as if omni were on, but there is no setting for omni)
Adekoyote

Post by Adekoyote »

which external sequencer are you using?