Midi Out To Control external Synth ?

Forum for MC-808
KVFIVE

Midi Out To Control external Synth ?

Post by KVFIVE »

Hi All,

I've recently aquired a very nice MC808, I've owned (at one time or another) all the Roland Grooveboxes (Exluding the 909).... so I'm quite comfortable in the operation of these machines.

I am having a very tiny problem with the 808 though :(

I have a few synthesizers that I usualy hook up to these grooveboxes (midi out from the Groovebox - to the synth/synths) and It's usualy quite simple to set the part I wish to have played by an external synth..... Part Edit, Sound to EXT and then internal Synth set to off on that part.

yet for the life of me I cannot find how to turn off the internal sound for my chosen output to midi part :(

I have a roland PCR-500 (controller kybd) connected to the midi in on the 808 and when a key is pressed both the 808's internal sound for that part is triggered along with the external synth, this also happens when I press one of the 808's keys.... my only work around 4 now is to set an empty patch (within the 808) on the part I am sending to an external synth.... it works fine and all... just wondered if there was a setting I could change ?

I have already set the Part Edit to External.... just incase your wondering.

Any help here greatly appreciated :)