can't apply compression to a part in a pattern.

Forum for MC-808
illicitizen

can't apply compression to a part in a pattern.

Post by illicitizen »

So I'm working with a factory pattern (US) User 290 "Breakbeat Drum 6." I like it but I've had to manually turn up the drums on the mix output because it just isn't loud enough. I'm working on a copy of it I made on the Card so I can do all the stuff I need to do... and no matter what it thwarts me using the compressor.
I copied it to a Card position, but every time I go into the 808 editor and route it through the compressor, it reverts back to Dry. In fact other drum parts I add to it also won't go through the compressor.
Stranger still, I went back to the orig pattern, copied it elsewhere and then did Extract Rhythm to move it from Part 1 to Part 10. It worked fine. I opened up the editor and put some compression on it, now the note data is there, but is muted and makes no sound. I tried changing the drum patch and at one point it told me that "Pattern Patch Lock" or something like that. I guess I'm going to have to just manually turn up the drums on this one. Scratches head... I've never had a problem getting blocked from editing stuff before. It is almost like they left something either locked up or not finished. It is a small thing I guess to just turn out the output knob but I'm afraid I'm missing something important that is happening. I'm headed to the studio in February so I'm going through and routing all my other instruments to the DIRECT outputs so that the engineer can have more discrete tracks and not have everything mixed in the box. So this seemed like a good time to fix this volume problem on this one song. Grrr. Hey if you are still reading here's a demo we shot in Knoxville TN of it: http://youtu.be/oQ_2RBIf2MA :)
Cheers,
Eric