Bugs or am I doing something wrong?

Forum for MC-808
Ivy_Mike_AU

Bugs or am I doing something wrong?

Post by Ivy_Mike_AU »

Im using the MC-808 for a live performance as the main sequencer. I have a couple of issues I'd love a hand with.

(im using internal & external parts which I have specified per channel in the part param setting)

1) Record mutes is not working. I use the record mutes record setting and play in the mutes, no mute changes happen when I play it back.

2) When playing back the patterns I have made in sequencer (manually in pattern mode or in song mode) when the pattern comes up the first uses internal sounds they do not play. If I stop the sequence and manually change to the next pattern I can hear the internal sounds (in the first pattern to use the internal sounds or subsequent patterns). I'm not sure why its happening, and I cant stop and mess about in my performance.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John
dcer10

Re: Bugs or am I doing something wrong?

Post by dcer10 »

Just to update (I am the same person as OP, had account issues that are sorted with site admin) I have blown away the old patterns and started again with new music (to ensure that it was not midi cc's or system interfering as I have recorded some sequences in from my M3 and Kronos which are quite CC & System heavy). I still have the same problems.

The only thing I can put it down to now is that I have built all of the patterns out from a template pattern I have made. That pattern only contained 2 things - part settings (all set to ext to begin with, but switched back to int for int parts as required), and reference to a utility program I made called silence (no voice) to not trigger internal sounds. Ill try again without using this template pattern next, but its always worked ok for me.

After all of my troubleshooting I still cant get record mutes going (usually work for me fine) or internal sounds to work the first time they are triggered (without stopping the sequence and restarting it) when I play back the patterns in order.

My only fallback is going to be to record midi volume changes (instead of mutes) which are less 'cutting' and take more sequence data and to bring in yet another bit of HW (probably my Z1) to pick up the load of the 3rd sound generator (as Im using the M3 and Kronos in program mode only so they can make full use of the FX & edibility as the korg gear doesnt allow for full editing when in combi mode).

If I can work out how to fix these 2 little problems I can avoid carrying another keyboard :)

Any help would be appreciated!

PS other than these 2 bugs the MC-808 is the best sequencer on the market IMHO, totally under rated!