Factory Reset

Forum for MC-808
J Haler

Factory Reset

Post by J Haler »

Hey all :D
I posted yesterday about having a faulty screen, and having spoke to roland, was told to try a factory reset before sending it to them, so wondered if anyone could tell me the button combo to do a factory reset, as online it just says to scroll through the options to it, but I can't read my screen to see where abouts it is!
Cheers,
J Haler
Sprockett

Re: Factory Reset

Post by Sprockett »

To do a factory reset on an MC-808, you press the SYSTEM button in the mode select area, then hold shift and hit pad 16. In the directions it says to cursor over to factory reset, but after poking around on mine it seems to default to the reset screen automatically, so from there press ENTER twice (once to select it and once more to execute).

The problem is when it's finished it's going to show "Please Power Off" on the LCD. If you can't see it that's not going to help you, and turning it off during a reset could brick the unit. I have no idea how long the process takes, and don't really want to reset mine, so I can only recommend you leave it alone for 'a really long time.'

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
J Haler

Re: Factory Reset

Post by J Haler »

No such luck I'm afraid, it just seemed to delete all the presets, screen errors still there :/ Cheers throu dude, I've sent about 10 emails back and forth and phoned roland 3 times so just waiting to hear where to send it now, hoping its a easy fix and don't too cost much, haven't been able to make beats for about 4 days(Traded my mpc 2000 for the 808!), so going slightly crazy!
Cheers again dude,
J Haler