MC-303--909

Forum for MC-808
musicman1968

MC-303--909

Post by musicman1968 »

i want to get a mc product....one of my friends at fakebook says i should get the 303...and i have the chance to get a 505....produced after 303 and 307...is 200 u.s. a good price...i have seen a lot of trash talk about mc's.....and also a lot of people think they are a must have....i want a real world sequecer...for my live keyboard rig... is that price good or a bit high...i have looked at prices and reviews online...and dont want to miss a great chance to get a cool mc product thanks~~~ john
why are they talking trash about groovebox's??
vvvvvv
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86646 <<<<<
Mystic38

Re: MC-303--909

Post by Mystic38 »

$200 for a MC-505 is a good price..just make sure that the screen looks ok..these were prone to defective LCD.. the good news is that spares are easily available for home mod/install.

its very easy to talk trash about anything. It is a fair comment that If you are a committed Ableton Live user then there is nothing that a groovebox can do that you cannot do in Live.. until you dont wish to use the computer..lol

The selection of groovebox depends on your priorites... if you are interested more in the sequencer than the sound engine then the MV would be a better choice as its sequencer & display are first rate..it does not, however have a sound engine as it uses all sampled instruments. If you want sound engine and sampling then the 909 or 808 are better choices, but if the (i think) 8 parts of the 505 can do what you wish then there is a lot to love about it.

Though I have both Sonar and Maschine, i picked up an 808 last week for similar reasons.. dont wish to use a PC all the time, and have a number of hardware synths to work with.