"Card protected" Error

Forum for MC-808
Guy Brush

"Card protected" Error

Post by Guy Brush »

Hello, i have bought a used and preformatted 1gb compact flash card for my MC-808 on ebay. When i try to format the card with the 808 I get an error "Card protected". There is no obvious protection on the card. At least i can't find it. Also when i put it in the PC i can't find any protection setting.
webdata

Re: "Card protected" Error

Post by webdata »

Most likely the card itself is write protected. See http://www.ehow.com/how_6862370_remove- ... -card.html
sukurnanghaa56

Post by sukurnanghaa56 »

that type of card got no user "enable disable" write function.
when that ype of card go on write protection, it's caused by a defective card.
that funtion is a file protection made to make you enable to recover your files, like from a computer, and copy it on a brand new card.
that mean that your card is dead.
Guy Brush

Post by Guy Brush »

Hey it's me again. I have bought again a new 1 gb compact flash card from ebay these days and tried it out. I was able to format this card in the MC-808, load samples onto it, make music with the samples. Today, one evening later, the MC-808 is slowing down under pattern mode, a pattern can only be played when in sample/patch mode. It seems to struggle with data from the card. The samples are still on the card when i read it in my card reader on the pc, but i can't access them from the MC-808. The saved sample patches are gone. The MC-808 card in storage mode also doesn't connect to the pc. It tries to but the drive doesn't show in the explorer.
I was trying to make a backup of my files created in the last days but I get the old "card protected" error again.
Also when trying to reformat the card it says now "card protected". Is my MC-808 killing every new card? I will try a last one the next days.
Jack TripHop

Post by Jack TripHop »

What do you mean by "slowing down"? Is it like when the pc is reading the parameters while playing a pattern? Does it go back to normal eventually?
Have you formatted the card in the MC-808? What happens when you put your compact flash card in a card-reader connected to the pc? Do you have other compact flash cards and do they work okay?
Guy Brush

Post by Guy Brush »

I dunno how it is when the PC is reading the parameters. It just tries to play the pattern but it stutters and sounds broken and doesn't react to anything then. The card was formatted in the MC-808. From within the PC card reader the card is read- and writeable without problems. To answer your last question: today came another card from ebay and I will test it out after saving my patterns and sounds through it.
Robetto

Post by Robetto »

An error may occur.
Cheayol

Post by Cheayol »

Maybe there's something wrong with your card. If there are important files on the card, I suggest you try Bitwar Data Recovery to retrieve the files from the faulty card.