how to send midi cc messages

Forum for MC-808
Wout808R

how to send midi cc messages

Post by Wout808R »

Hello,

i have a qustion for the experts on this forum.
I recently bought a boss dd500 digital delay and i hooked it up with midi to the mc808.
I syncs with the clock of the mc808, no problem.
But i want to send a cc message to the delay unit so i can use the looper in time with the mc808.
Is it possible to send a cc message with the mc808? and is it possible to send this message in time so my loops will be synced to the mc808?
For example, to start recording with the looper i need to send cc#22 to the delay. to stop recording i need to send cc#23. So i need to send cc#22 on the first beat and cc#23 on the next first beat and then i woudl have a perfect loop in sync with the mc808.
I can change the cc numbers in the dd500 but how do i know what number i am sending with the mc808?

many thanx in advance!

Wouter
Dr.No

Re: how to send midi cc messages

Post by Dr.No »

You have in the manual the list of midi cc that the MC-808 sends. The bad thing is that you cannot change the cc assigned to each knob or fader.
Wout808R

Post by Wout808R »

I can change the cc number on the delay so that's not so bad for me.
I cannot find the cc# in the manual. And to be honest I don't understand the midi implementation manual.
I will take another look though.
Is it so that when I move a fader, a cc message is sent?
Wout808R

Post by Wout808R »

OK thanx a lot!
I figured it out, the midi implementation.
The faders on part 1 send most cc messages.
For example the cutoff sends cc#74. I change it on the delay and it starts the Looper when I move the cutoff.
Great!
jay-em

Post by jay-em »

this is why everything (and certainly modern gear) should have midi learn if you ask me, keeps it easy

it is fine something sending out certain CC# BUT THE RECIPIENT NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO MAP TO IT

That or we use something in the middle which is a pita