MIDI MSB/LSB for pattern changes user/card

Forum for MC-808
Frequalizer

MIDI MSB/LSB for pattern changes user/card

Post by Frequalizer »

Anyone know the MIDI MSB/LSB for pattern changes for user/card? I couldn't seem to find that, but managed to get patch/samples for user/card to work without too much hassle.
Dr.No

Re: MIDI MSB/LSB for pattern changes user/card

Post by Dr.No »

Sorry, no there is change CC to pattern.
Only change CC midi on voices
Frequalizer

Post by Frequalizer »

That's what I ended up assuming when I tried to dig into the midi implementation PDF. It did appear as if you might be able to do MIDI CC for the arpeggio's and chord's user patterns 128 for each. Possibly the RPS and Pattern Call as well, but I'd have to look at those things more closely.

The MC-808 defiantly has it's quirks, but it's specs are still really quite impressive I learned a few things about it too that I hadn't realized like the RPS lets you get 32 multi out of it rather than 16 multi which that part is quite awesome.

The other thing about it was I didn't realize you could hold the shift key and press the arp button and then use the left/right cursor arrows to adjust parameters on the arp presets. That part is pretty nice to know about. I started to play with that some and adjust some stuff then save it a new user preset for the arp tweaks. The cool part is you can custom tune the arp preset and save it to say slot #1 and then you can use the chord selection and find a chord that sounds good with the way you've got the arp customized and save that to chord slot #1 then you just pair user preset arp #1 and chord #1 together and you've got a great sounding arp and chord that work together nicely!
Dr.No

Post by Dr.No »

Oh yes, the arpegiator+chord is big source of inspiration
Frequalizer

Post by Frequalizer »

MC-808 has a rather bizarre reception the specs are actually really fantastic which is especially true relative to it's age and size especially.

Happen to know if the .mc8 MC-808 editor document files for templates can be stored on the internal or compact flash storage and loaded into the MC-808 from within hardware itself on the fly w/o being hooked up thru USB to a PC!?

The actual PC software editing is kind of annoying, but if you can make a bunch of templates to load between different custom setups of the tone voice sound patches and effects that would be great and actually offsets a lot of the negative aspects people gripe about in comparison to the MC-909's more hands on controls.