Sample Loop Points

Forum for MC-808
mw247

Sample Loop Points

Post by mw247 »

Does anyone know of a Windows tool to create loop points in wav files on desktop that the MC-808 will read?
Frequalizer

Re: Sample Loop Points

Post by Frequalizer »

Audacity works really well if you want to chop samples up just save them as a 16-bit 44.1KHz sample rate PCM wave file. If I wanted to slice up a sample that's what I'd use personally, but the MC-808 librarian editor itself can do a lot with chopping samples it can even automatically take a loop and divide it up across the pads.

Not really sure what you're trying to do, but Audacity works great to edit sound files and is freely available. You can save the file as a 16-bit 44.1KHz sample rate PCM wave file and the MC-808 should be able to read it fine.

There is of course another interesting option as well you could use some DJ software with the mix inputs and setup the cue points and loops in that software and record it directly into the MC-808. MIXXX for example is open source so you could grab a copy of that if you don't have access to the more commonly used Serato, Traktor, or even virtual DJ options.
mw247

Post by mw247 »

Thanks Frequalizer for the info!

I'm really trying to find a way of setting up loop points in wave files to use as instruments. e.g. looping a single cycle saw wave. I don't think the mc-808 can read embedded loop points in wave files that were made in something like SoundForge so I was hoping someone figured out a way of doing this on desktop instead of having to do it all on the mc-808.
Frequalizer

Post by Frequalizer »

If you plan to load multiple samples across the 16 pads you might want to leave a file location on the machine both before and after. I mean if you're trying to arrange them into like a set that is that's something I'd recommend. It does kind of eat into the 7000 samples total limit, but it also makes it easier to find those sample arrangements.

The reasons I mention that is is actually I discovered recently if you do that with patterns leaving a empty slot after one between it and the next pattern it'll stop the automatically playback continuation of patterns. That's actually cool though because you can setup pattern (clip) song arrangements more easily and convenient that way.

As far as doing that the sampling goes however it would just make it easier to see ok this is a set of samples to layer across the pads instead of trying to sort of guess at it.
jay-em

Post by jay-em »

mw247 wrote:Does anyone know of a Windows tool to create loop points in wav files on desktop that the MC-808 will read?
do you not have the editor?

sure loops can be set up in there, new to this piece but played with editor last night and it is heavy what it can do to the machine
mw247

Post by mw247 »

Thanks jay-em, I'm also using the editor. I have a bunch of waves that I wanted to work on before transferring to the mc-808. It would be easier for me to do it while laying in bed on my laptop : )
jay-em

Post by jay-em »

YEAH i hear you there
Frequalizer

Post by Frequalizer »

The editor is fantastic in terms of the depth it can bring to editing the machine's capabilities. A touch screen would be so good with it.
jay-em

Post by jay-em »

here is a question, i am getting limited octaves with SCWF.

any idea why? thankyou anyone
mw247

Post by mw247 »

jay-em wrote: 10:41, 9 June 2021 here is a question, i am getting limited octaves with SCWF.

any idea why? thankyou anyone
Check out bias direction in the manual.