NEW OWNER: lcd not telling me fader positions 50%? of time

Forum for MC-808
jay-em

NEW OWNER: lcd not telling me fader positions 50%? of time

Post by jay-em »

hi

just want to know if this i normal, lcd keeps missing fader info

like really hit and miss, should i send it back?

ideas for a fix? or common issue>?

thanks
jay-em

Re: NEW OWNER: lcd not telling me fader positions 50%? of ti

Post by jay-em »

basically i have no idea what filter type i am on half the time, the cutoff amount etc, no info on MFX destination, you get the idea i expect

this isn't all the time, the unit was delivered today from ebay so just wondering before i start a return, we all know how that goes

have done factory reset, no change, it is weird, this can't be normal for your machines surely?

thanks for any advice or if anyone knows this is common
Frequalizer

Post by Frequalizer »

Yeah the fader controls are rather janky. They seem to lag on displaying information on the screen then they want to time out too quickly. It pretty much gives you a split second to hope to assign things where you intend to do so. It reverts back to displaying the song/pattern/patch screen information too quickly and lags too long before it display the information when you do adjust the fader levels. I do find if you put the fader all the way up to 127 then move them down it helps a bit at least for filter type, but really that somewhat works on any of the fader levels however getting them to land where you want is another matter due to the time out issue I described.

Roland seems to have done a really shoddy job programming them in relation to the display. They actually sound like they react fine when you touch them, but display lagging initially then timing out too quickly is a serious oversight. If there is a fix to this problem that I'm unaware of I wouldn't mind knowing it, but I haven't stumbled upon anything personally except what I described which is only a mild remedy that kind of half works. They still are pretty janky though.
jay-em

Post by jay-em »

oh, ok frequalizer

thx for the confirmation