MC-808 USB Storage mode not working

Forum for MC-808
EdisonCarter

MC-808 USB Storage mode not working

Post by EdisonCarter »

Hi,

I've been trying to connect the MC-808 to a computer in USB storage mode with no success.

I have changed the USB mode from MIDI to Storage, I have tried Windows 7, Windows 10, and OSX 10.6.8 systems which all work in MIDI mode with the MC-808 editor. I have tried saving MIDI mode as the default and restarting the MC-808.

Nothing that I have tried results in the MC-808 appearing as a storage device for any of these computers. In Windows there is no relative device in the device manager that seems to require additional drivers or anything. I've tried both sets of drivers that were provided for OSX.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers
Dr.No

Re: MC-808 USB Storage mode not working

Post by Dr.No »

once you activate the storage mode. You have to select if you want to see the internal or external storage. Which of the two does not work for you?
EdisonCarter

Post by EdisonCarter »

It was user error. I thought that I only needed to choose between the USB modes *MIDI/Storage) because when I do that nothing happens. I didn't read through to page 134 of the manual where it states the procedure to actually start Storage mode and select which memory to access. I incorrectly assumed the storage mode was activated automatically like the MIDI mode, and didn't realize it had to be selected, then manually started on a different system page.

Thank you for your reply
jay-em

Post by jay-em »

woohoo, nothing like user error to meet the resolution, the best way :-)

i love my mc808