Can't connect S-1 & T-8 at same time on M2 --SOLVED

Forum for Apple Mac computers
glitched0xff

Can't connect S-1 & T-8 at same time on M2 --SOLVED

Post by glitched0xff »

Hi i'have this problem that is a pain.
I have Macbook Pro M2 and i'd like to connect Roland S-1 and T-8 by usb to import signal in garageBand and Touchdesigner.
I had tried to create and aggregate in MIDI windows of Osx and i activate T-8 and S-1 (main device). I had the 4 out and 4 in channel.
I turn on the volume of S1 and t-8 and start both sequencer. I check that i have volume up and try.
When i try to connect to Garageband (in theory i must have 4 channel) i cant retrive only 2 channel and no audio out, i try with touchdesigner i can see the 4 in but the signal still flat.

I try on audio preference and i notice on sound bar of default output that if i disconnect one device for example s-1, T-8 start to play, if i reconnect the first (s-1) T-8 stuck and i can hear s-1 but no T-8.
I try to switch the cable but the issue is the same.
Seem like that T-8 and S-1 have conflict when connect together.
I also try with Blackhole for routing channel but nothing work.
I so weird this and i can't understand.

Anyone have some tips or suggestion, i'm going crazy.
Thank
Glitched0xff

********* SOLUTION ********
I run the connection between S-1 and T-8 by an USB HuB. I connect without hub, any instrument to a separate USB PORT and now the aggregate device work in any software with 4 in and 4 out.... (probably with little trick i can convert the 4 out in quadriphonie audio ::hope)

Thanks