Anyone with the new Intel iMac?

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Anyone with the new Intel iMac?

Post by Artemiy »

1. It is a 1.83 GHz or 2.0 GHz dual-core chip. We compared the 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo to AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 2.0 GHz, and at compiling the same app the Intel one was 3 times faster (1 min 39 sec vs. 5 min 01 sec on Athlon). These are very good new CPUs!

2. Yes, with the latest firmware update there is a full BIOS emulation on the Intel EFI architecture and you can install Windows and Linux. The bundled Disk Utility will let you partition the drive as you want.

3. There is a simple line in, I do not think the issue would be latency but the quality of the ADC. So for serious work you'd need at least something inexpensive but good, like Edirol UA-1EX.

"It is sort of a bridge between a laptop and a small desktop."

Exactly! It's a very compact and silent machine. "Less space, more computer" as they say. Read/see some details at my web site.
ocomain

Post by ocomain »

For true iMac portability, check out this link:

http://www.ilugger.com/

This company (which builds airships) makes the iLugger bag for iMacs, so you can take your system where it's needed...safely and in comfort!

Michael
da-man

Post by da-man »

Thanks for the answers.

Are there any negatives with this machine???
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I am afraid... no ;-)
Ameish

Post by Ameish »

Conrgt's!
Clear, after a month of using it.
Seems like: human made - no mistakes'
:)

Emptyness of endless being
anti_pulse

Post by anti_pulse »

Just got a a new macbook pro today- i must say I am absolutly impressed!!! It get's pretty warm- but man, that's the last thing on my mind- everything runs sooo smooth!!! Right now I'm beta testing a new release of renoise tracker for intelmac, and also using it in conjunction with the crystal synth (new universal version)- this is freaking great. My next buy is a new soundcard/midi interface- looking at either the motu ultra light or ableton live/fast track bundle...

http://www.myspace.com/11505663
Jasy

email

Post by Jasy »

hi mike, do you have an email. i'd like a blether about folk music, songwriting and such. if you don't have one, you can email me here: jasy@conn54.wanadoo.co.uk.
i think we could enjoy exchanging info about music and all sorts. check out my profile.

rsvp, Jasy (from Scotland).