Artemio strikes back!

Forum for Apple Mac computers
theologiae

Re: Artemio strikes back!

Post by theologiae »

what are you writing this new plug in? i too am on a mac, is there a native way to write plug ins?

circle 6
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

theologiae:

If you're a programmer, you can write plugins using the XCode development environment. You'll need to start a new Audio Unit project and then have a look at the example code, including some examples in /Developer/Examples/CoreAudio/AudioUnits, to get how to set parameters, initialize the plugin, process the audio etc.
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

yeah, i didn't know that on my powerbook i had to go back to my startup disk and do a special install for that stuff. i'll start reading the pdf's that come with it.
thanks for pointing this out. i'm very new to programing and this might be a really great first step.

circle 6
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

Artemio
do you know if any others in the crew are into this stuff? i really am just starting to dig into this, i would love to start up a study group with the crew here. any takers?

circle 6
pianodick

Post by pianodick »

I certainly would like to see such a discussion started. I am getting better on my mac but now you kids are hinting at getting to know mac as well as I knew pc. That would help alot.

Signed, "They shot that bastard on purpose because of arrogance".╘2006 Dabe
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Theo, PD:

Well, we do have two Mac folks in the team except me: Nathan and Jost, but they are into making music and *using* the software, only I am a little into programming something.

But we do have this Computers and Software section now, so we can start any discussions over here, though not related to music should go to the Free Zone.
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

i've just started to find things on the web for a person starting to learn this stuff. it seems (and only seems) that you have to go at learning core audio from the angle of learning xcode, and from there learning cocoa. i'm starting from square one, so getting xcode to say "hello world" is still new to me. so far i have loaded the devoloper tool, found two books that deal with the issue, and i'm reading one site that seems like a good intro.
the books are "step into Xcode" by fritz anderson and the other is is "cocoa programing for mac's" by aaron hillegass.
the site i'm on right now is http://maczealots.com/articles/development/ and reading it is shedding light on some things for me.
just starting up i've spent about 8 hours over the last week looking into this. when i feel like i've got some solid sources i'll start a thred and see if anyone is into starting a study group or just a thread to post questions.

circle 6