intrest in learning mac core audio?

Forum for Apple Mac computers
theologiae

intrest in learning mac core audio?

Post by theologiae »

a few weeks back the main man artemio was talking about his first audio plug in he's writing on his new mac. i wanted to know how to get into it and started to look into find learning tools for mac's free devoloper softwear. I've found some good stuff and i wanted to know if there is any intrest in this by other people.
we could start up a small study group for people just started to learn how to build their own plug ins.
post if you are interested.
thanks

circle 6
nsheldon

Re: intrest in learning mac core audio?

Post by nsheldon »

Hi theologiae.

I'm interested but don't have the time. I wonder if Artemio would be interested in your proposal though. Maybe he'll catch wind of this thread.

Regards,

Nathan Sheldon
http://www.nathansheldon.com/
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

i won't have a ton of time either, i was thinking of a post the pokes up every so offent with a group of people into it.
it doesn't seem like too many people are looking on going this way though, so we'll see.

circle 6
pianodick

Post by pianodick »

I am interested. I won't have lots of time and I am at a very basic level of coding but am most certainly interested.

Signed, "They shot that bastard on purpose because of arrogance".╘2006 Dabe
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

The best point to start is code your own Audio Unit. Writing a plugin is always a good way to have an audio processing software created fast but have it do something *you* want.
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

artemio,
i have been lookinga around for documentaition for coding audio units, but so far i've come up empty. most of the info is showing a programer how to do it, not someone that has no history of programing.
is there anything you know of to that does this?

circle 6
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

theo,

it's obvious you have to learn basic C first, you cannot run before learning to walk first! Also, after you install XCode, developer docs and DevExamples.pkg, you will find many stuff in /Developer.
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

i case anyone was checking on this, i have found some good stuff for people looking to learn how write code with no background in it.
i'll post what i find if there is any intrest.
i found a few things free, but most of them do cost a little. but they're in the 200-300 page area of docs., so i think it's worth it.

circle 6