Syncing fantoms transport record with cubase sx

Forum for Apple Mac computers
SuperKonquer

Syncing fantoms transport record with cubase sx

Post by SuperKonquer »

I have a fantom x-6 running as the master to cubase sx.The transport controls work for bwd /fwd/ reset and play but not for record.Does anyone know how to sync this?Also how do i record into cubase with out recording on the fantom if the record buttons sync? thnx.
SPISHAK

Re: Syncing fantoms transport record with cubase sx

Post by SPISHAK »

I'm not sure but I think you set cubase to record and then you press play on fantom. At that point the cubase will be recording and the X6 will be playing.......well that's how it works with my Yamaha DAW

------------------------------------------------------
A couple'o'quarts'o'beer makes it so the intonation does not offend yer ear!
SuperKonquer

Post by SuperKonquer »

yes playing the keyboard and recording thru cubase works of course but what im looking to do is start recording in cubase by just hitting record on the fantom to hasten my tracking.
SPISHAK

Post by SPISHAK »

On my DAW, when i press record nothing happens because it's set to slave, but it'll be READY for the PLAY command from X6.....as soon as I press play on X6 the DAW starts recording in sync with X6. But I now have the DAW set as master and X6 as slave. I just pre-record all the parts in X6, then set it to SLAVE and track them into DAW being the master. I don't think RECORD is part of the MMC functionality.....it's just PLAY,STOP, RWD,FWD. So pressing RECORD on X6 does NOT send a RECORD message to CUBASE. On page 227 of the manual, under MMC OUTPUT it says play stop and locate, no record message :( hope that helped :)

------------------------------------------------------
A couple'o'quarts'o'beer makes it so the intonation does not offend yer ear!
bassman

Post by bassman »

Test move

Bassman