Artemio - Have you DOES MASSIVE?

Forum for Apple Mac computers
HiveHead

Re: Artemio - Have you DOES MASSIVE?

Post by HiveHead »

I see Miroslava is mapping some midi cc messages there - very useful. I guess you now have your full version!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes on that pic she tweaks envelope attack with a slider ;-) And no unfortunately the store we purchased it from didn't yet ship the box. I got it via an academic discount store and I guess they are not NI's priority for shipping more boxes, but I hope I'll get it before the New Year, as Massive is supposed to be my wife's gift!
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

Here's a sound effect i created recently......
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Nice one!

Here is my DOES TB:
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

Superb!!

How do you approach sound design? For me i just let a patch evolve and have no real plan as to its finished form other than the basics (lead, Bass, Pad etc). But judging from your MP3, you start with a pretty clear idea as to where its going. Your TB patch is just that - a cool TB emulation which i assume was your goal from the outset. Any chance you could let me know what waveforms you used?

Matthew
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

How do you approach sound design? For me i just let a patch evolve and have no real plan as to its finished form other than the basics (lead, Bass, Pad etc). But judging from your MP3, you start with a pretty clear idea as to where its going.
Well, the thing is that there appear to be two different scenarios.

Scenario 1. This is what happens mostly: I have some exact idea in my mind. Basing on the knowledge I have, I start away and go on. Depending on how well I know the instrument (and how capable it is in general) it may be this or that close to what I intended to create.

Scenario 2. I just experiment with some very basic things making use of oscillators, filters, modulators - something I never did before. Once I find something new, it gets settled in my memory and now for Scenario 1 I have more options.

And yes, regarding that TB-303 sound I made, it's one of the waveforms from the "Drive 1" wavetable, with portamento/legato, low-pass filter whose both cutoff and resonance are modulated with an envelope and also zero cutoff keyfollow. See yourself ;-)