Artemio - Have you DOES MASSIVE?

Forum for Apple Mac computers
HiveHead

Artemio - Have you DOES MASSIVE?

Post by HiveHead »

Hey Artemio

Have you got yourself Massive? I got it and love it - what a great workflow design. I thought i'd ask as theres a forum member with your name - i'm guessing its you. If not, its time to call in the heavies - someone is stealing your identity.

Matthew
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Artemio - Have you DOES MASSIVE?

Post by Artemiy »

HiveHead, I DOES MASSIVE, and I DOES IT HARD!

(We've got a box on order, and so far I use the demo, but I can't wait to activate this beast.)

It's a wonderful synth and is like a salvation for me in the software world. Believe it or not but I have tried many synths but it was either an illogical, ugly and unusable interface with great sound or the reverse. I can only compare the excitement I get from Massive to the day when I first read about the V-Synth in January 2003. It's a fantastic instrument.

I really love the way they implemented assigning modulation via dragging the control arrows into "slots", and setting and seeing the depth on the parameter rotaries is way too cool. The whole synth structure is in your eyes, and no bunches of floating cords like in a modular. Ingenious!

And of course, the sound is great too, in fact I can see it as my software workhorse now. I can get anything from darned realistic analog sounds with super-punchy and snappy envelopes to really amazing digital sounds. And you probably know I am a huge step LFO freak, so performer and stepper got my soul in no time ;-)

P.S. Yes, it was me at NI forums, so do not worry!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

BTW, here is one nice "hybrid" sound I made today ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

And here is a wonderful DOES SH-101 BASS:
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

Fantastic!!

Can i expect a bunch of Artemio presets?!! The first MP3 you posted is jaw dropping.

Drag and drop modulation is just great. This synth is awesome - expensive, but it is so easy to get great sounds.

NI should sign you up and commission a bunch of presets......

Have you got Reaktor? I would be really interested in what you could produce with that.

Matthew
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Can i expect a bunch of Artemio presets?!! The first MP3 you posted is jaw dropping.
Thanks very much! Yes, I might create a library for it, the time will show.
Have you got Reaktor? I would be really interested in what you could produce with that.
Reaktor always appealed to me, but I am a little afraid I'd have to pay for a huge load of pre-made synths. I am that kind of a guy which dives deep into the synth, so I do not want many. That is why I bought Massive after 6 months of checking out other synths!

BTW, I also just bought Spectron and it's a very interesting tool too.
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

I too DOES spectral morphing and panning!!

If NI ever do a special deal on Electronic Instruments 2XT it is worth checking out. A few top notch Reaktor ensembles with no need for Reaktor its self to run them. Amongst these is Photone which is a superb synth.

Matthew
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I too DOES spectral morphing and panning!!
:-D
A few top notch Reaktor ensembles with no need for Reaktor its self to run them.
No, I meant the reverse - I'd like a Reaktor in clean. Well, maybe I'll go for it one day, we shall see what version 6 brings when/if it comes out.
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

funny, i was checking out massive this weekend. i thought i sounded great but my music isn't going that way right now so i most likely wont be getting it. and being a reaktor freak, there are factory patches that do most if not all of what massive can do just as well, so i don't know if it really would be an addition.
but what do you mean when you say "pay" for reaktor synths. i've never dropped a dime since i bought reaktor on pay patches. there really aren't that many of them out there with any appeal to them. it's the user library that has all the gold in it and it's free. about 2000 patches basicly come with it.
but i figure you would dig reaktor the most because you can build everything and control everything.
and if you every get into it, i'd love to chat about your idea's for patches.

circle 6
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

theologiae:

No, I meant that, as I know, there is still some extra stuff with Reaktor, like if you're buying Kontakt or Battery you're paying for the sample library that's with it. But next one for me will be Kontakt I think, I need a good sampler now that I have a great synth (I'd wait for version 3 actually, 2.2 still has a little older and more complicated interface compared to their new releases). Though, I'd really like to check out Reaktor when it's a Universal Binary.

Anyway, Massive is very hands-on and every parameter you see is modulatable which is so great. There are many things to dig into with this synth. The two insert effects it has (in addition to two global effects) are polyphonic, this is much like on the V-Synth with the COSM blocks. V-SYnth, on the other hand, beats Massive with the amount of envelopes and LFOs - Massive has 4 envelopes and 4 LFOs, while V has 4 step mod tracks, 5 LFOs and 13 envelopes. But they are way too different beasts anyway.
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

theologiae -

Greetings from a fellow Reaktor user - i enjoyed your event table tutorial very much - good stuff mate.

Matthew
theologiae

Post by theologiae »

thanks man. i might be doing a re-write. i'm working on learning web design, so when i'm done with that, there might be 20-30 more pages coming down the line.
and that's to artemio, his tweek book was one of the text's that made me want to write it.

circle 6
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

theologiae: oh that is a pleasure to hear!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Miroslava DOES MASSIVE too!

:-D

theologiae

Post by theologiae »

you are going to take over the world!

circle 6