I have seen the light!!! (Rated R for explicit Mac Loving!!!

Forum for Apple Mac computers
jcthemc

I have seen the light!!! (Rated R for explicit Mac Loving!!!

Post by jcthemc »

OK first let me say I would consider myself the least likely person to have migrated from windows to a mac. in-fact I truly beleived until not too long ago that the machines were pretty much identical and there was no "true" difference and the PC enjoyed a larger following due to its open standards.

while I do see that the hardware is very similar one thing stands out that is un-arguable. Mac's reign supreme! I am at this very moment converting a DVD to ipod video and all of my other apps are running like nothing is happening!! furthermore I have experienced no wierd pauses, no funny flashing cursors, no wait to do anything!

I will say that as a music workstation the mac is the absolute best platform to produce that I have ever worked on. I have built Insanely expensive Custom machines to run recording studios and my little mac mini handles audio with infinately less latency, noise and over all hassle! the midi and audio setup is easy and quick. I have only had my mac for a few days and already I am feeling that I can actually produce something decent without much effort... Just the fact that garage band is so easy to use and is free with the mac places it way above anything Windows can offer!

my system doesnt freeze when the screen saver starts.... or stops... everything is nice and smooth!

MACS RULE!!!!

jc

JC THE MC...
Fantom X6 2.10,Traction 2.0,Sound Forge 8,Acid 4.0,Mackie Onyx /w firwire option, Kliptch Pro media monitors, sennheiser hd 280 pro headphones
nsheldon

Re: I have seen the light!!! (Rated R for explicit Mac Lovin

Post by nsheldon »

:-D Welcome, brother Mac user. The Light of Steve shineth upon thee. Haha. But in all seriousness, I agree with you on all points. Happy computing (and actually getting things done with significantly less hassle).

Regards,

Nathan Sheldon
http://www.nathansheldon.com/
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Welcome to the reality, JC... ;-)

Just a while ago I was not sure about switching to a Mac, but I was not able to resist the truth anymore. It was kind of obvious that if most professionals use Macs exclusively then there really must be something special about them. And Mac is not just a hardware plus an operating system, it really is a COMPUTER, a complete and awesome experience of bringing your ideas to life.

I am glad for you, JC. The world is changing and it's nice to see.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

You guys make me soooo jealous :-(
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

V-CeeOh, but why?
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Why??? 'Cause I'm f*****g tired of the Win/PC platform and would like to follow you guys but cannot even think on wasting money on computers now :-(
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

and THIS is also why ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Why??? 'Cause I'm f*****g tired of the Win/PC platform and would like to follow you guys but cannot even think on wasting money on computers now :-(
Oh I see... Yes indeed that was the very main reason I switched: I can't stand wasting so much time with doing things that computers meant to do themselves (like just one drag and drop and one button push to burn an Audio CD, damn it), and you know what, life is too short! But I am sure you'll be able to make a move soon and thou shall be saved! ;-)
and THIS is also why ;-)
:-D
GregC

Post by GregC »

what took you so long ?

GregC
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

BTW JC, you may now proudly update your signature :-D
Igglethorpe

Post by Igglethorpe »

Yep,

I switched too. Insane. I was so against Mac back in the day. Not anymore.

----------------------------------
Fantom X8 (2.10) 512MB
Fantom XR (2.02) 512MB
V-Synth XT (2.02)
SH-201