Hey Bassman - did you get your Mac yet?

Forum for Apple Mac computers
HiveHead

Hey Bassman - did you get your Mac yet?

Post by HiveHead »

I just ordered mine. Went for the matte screen, 2.2ghz proc and 120gb drive. Its a standard config but i think it will do what i want - i will still keep my static system running SONAR for most things.

How you liking yours?

Matthew
bassman

Re: Hey Bassman - did you get your Mac yet?

Post by bassman »

Hello HH,

No Mac yet. The story is being told here.

I want it now!!

Bassman
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

I feel your pain. It took me seven YEARS to finally get it right with the synths and sequencer in a tidy, compact package. I love it. I'm sure that you will have lots of fun with your computer.

The only thing that I will caution you on is: Don't expect TOO much. I am keeping my emotions in-check by not trying to do too much with the Mac. It can be tricky, for instance, to load up too many tracks and overload the CPU. But that is a minor problem, and it hasn't stopped me from getting some cool music done.

- Sammy

"I don't suffer from insanity; I love every minute of it!"

http://www.sammyjames.com/music.htm
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

I'm going to use mine as an alternative set up to my static pc based system. I can run most of the software i have bought over the years by downloading or installing the OSX versions for free. Not sure about bootcamp etc at the moment so SONAR is out on the Mac. However i had a lite version of Live 6 knocking around which i upgraded to full and i am starting to really like this app. Maybe i'll try some live work eventually. Oh and i must check out Artemio's Audio Unit plugs.

Matthew