Soon iMac owner to settle for Logic

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Chance

Soon iMac owner to settle for Logic

Post by Chance »

Hey everybody, I am about to "pull the trigger" as they say and buy the new iMac 20" 2.0GHz and add 4gb of RAM. I thought that Pro Tools LE 7.3.1 would be compatible but my searches online and the website say that Testing is in Progress for 2007 iMacs. Add to the fact that Leopard was just released will guarantee that LE wont work until sometime 2008.

Unfortunately, I have already purchased the MBOX2 but I cannot wait to make this music. I am considering buying Logic Express 8 ($199) and a cheap soundcard to connect to my Fantom X6 to tide me over until Pro Tools become compatible.

Is this a good idea? I'm ready to get my first Mac and finally record music.
Logic 8 I'm sure will work with Leopard. Also, to make sure that my Fantom sounds get recorded I would need a soundcard as well right?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Soon iMac owner to settle for Logic

Post by Artemiy »

A friend of mine tried using ProTools LE on an Intel Mac and had no problems, he used MBOX 2 as well. I'd suggest you wait and first try it on your future Mac, then see if you need something (plus, add the fact that ProTools and Logic projects are not compatible and both hosts have different built-in exclusive instruments and effects).

BTW, I'll be glad to welcome you to The Bright Side - soon your life will change forever ;-)
Chance

Re: Soon iMac owner to settle for Logic

Post by Chance »

thank you for the swift reply Artemio. I'm ordering that iMac tonight!