Apple's new MacBook, MacBook Pro and Cinema Display

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Apple's new MacBook, MacBook Pro and Cinema Display

Post by Artemiy »

Apple released info on their new portables and a new LED display, all of which are simply gorgeously sexy creations with aluminium enclosures. HOLY MAMMA... these babies are so amazing!

http://www.apple.com/macbook/
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
http://www.apple.com/displays/

I am still keeping my iMac, but I am considering getting a 2.4 GHz MacBook with this new LED display next year.
Igglethorpe

Re: Apple's new MacBook, MacBook Pro and Cinema Display

Post by Igglethorpe »

I plan on upgrading to a macbook pro next year so this may very well be the format I'll be buying.

Can't wait.
achyeboah

Post by achyeboah »

hey Art... hope you've noticed...no firewire on the macbook...and only one firewire port (800) on the pro. its really sweet though....wanna get one.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, I surely noticed that. But some reported that this happened due to the fact most consumer devices use USB, and only expensive "pro" products use FireWire, so they've decided that a person who has a $2000 camcoder won't be buying a $1000 laptop ;-) I only have one FireWire device which is my external backup drive, but it also has USB. Anyway, I am thinking about MacBook Pro too, just not sure.
HiveHead

Post by HiveHead »

......... and USB 2 is not so bad. I noticed that Alesis abandoned its Firewire mixers and went with USB 2 - i even bought one, and it works fine in streaming 18 channels of audio. I have a MBP and only use the FW800 for backing up to my glyph HD.

Matthew
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

USB 1.1 and 2.0 works well for me too, just like most things on Macs - it works and you do not care what technology is behind all this.

I also *love* these new multi-touch trackpads, and I think these things will replace mice for most people (I'd still keep a mouse or a stylus for drawing).
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

I've always had trouble with a track pad, think I use too heavy of a hand. But I am really interested in this new glass track pad. Will have to try it. Looks like "the track pad is the button" means it actually moves slightly when pressed. That would force me to use a light touch.

Now that machined aluminum frame! Common wisdom is that you can't go into production with machined aluminum, it is just too expensive. But count on Apple to break the rules.

-Rodan