APPLE LOGIC /

Forum for Apple Mac computers
KRE8A

APPLE LOGIC /

Post by KRE8A »

Since i own a bunch of workstation synths, would express 8 be able to activate my Roland hardware?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: APPLE LOGIC /

Post by Artemiy »

Of course yes, either directly via USB MIDI or via usual MIDI through an audio/MIDI interface.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Reason i was interested, is because i remember one of the ableton live versions could not. Just had to make sure before i go out and buy the software package.

# - Is the M-Audio fast track pro audio sound card suitable,

for EX/8.

Thanks...

PS _ Bought an Imac the otherday. Great computer.
Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Way to go. You won't be disappointed. The only negative comment I had about Logic Express was that there was no instrument definition file available for my Fantom-S. It worked fine without it, just that I had to select my instruments from the Fantom instead of from the software. I finally figured out how to make my own definition file so I am happy as a clam now. Really cool software (as are most Mac products).

If you are in to video, you should look at Final Cut Express as well. It's very well done with tons of capability at a very reasonable price.

I can go on and on about this thing. It's great!
Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

...Darned Post Message button. A double post! You really need to fix that Art.
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

Welcome to the Mac side.

There is a great Logic forum at

http://logicprohelp.com/

Everything is discussed including hardware and interfaces etc. Might be worth a look before you spend your hard earned cash on a soundcard / interface.

It will also let you see the differences btw Express and Pro so you can make an informed decision on which software to buy.
KRE8A

To Blues4dog

Post by KRE8A »

I've already bought the snd/crd/int previously in the past, from ebay; mind you, brand new > for cubase.

Now that i have got it laying around, i thought it would be ok to connect it to the eye mac. I have no idea what the quality of sound outcome will be like, ; but anyway i'm going to try it out when i can afford to buy Log/Softw. Got priority payments with the computer, so therefore my budget has been set back slightly.

Have'nt checked out the Logic forum site out yet, but i am going to once i have finished posting to you.

PS:- I've been exploring the contents of most of the folders and files, and i got to say that Mac is definetly a nice complimentive user friendly source. I'm through with PC's, with some of the unnecessary window applications.
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

Sorry, wasn't aware of that.

The M Audio will be fine with the Mac. You have probably already had a good look at Garage Band. That should work with your sound card and let you do more things than you were doing with Cubase anyway. It's like a very, very light version of Logic but still has the good quality.

Cheers

B4D