Connecting V-Synth GT with Mac Pro and software

Forum for Apple Mac computers
lyzantheris

Connecting V-Synth GT with Mac Pro and software

Post by lyzantheris »

Hey guys. So I recently purchased a mac pro (2.66 GHz quad core xeon, 8GB RAM).. and now the fun part of connecting my v-synth gt (version 2.0) up to this beast. I installed the driver that came with the keyboard, and I'm able to use the keys for midi implementation with garage band. It was very simple. But the stock sounds in garage band are very weak compared to what the v-synth is capable of. I'm not sure how to get the audio from the v-synth into garage band.. I can only manage to have it play garage band sounds :S I looked over the v-synth manual but wasn't able to decipher a solution. I did notice that both my keyboard and mac pro have digital audio inputs/outputs. Should I be using these to get the audio from keyboard to computer.. or is it possible just using usb 2.0?

Thank you for reading :)

(Oh, and by the way.. I am going to be upgrading to logic pro soon enough.. but just to test the waters until I pick it up I'm using garage band).
Blues4dog

Re: Connecting V-Synth GT with Mac Pro and software

Post by Blues4dog »

Sounds like you've got all the good gear. Optical audio should be fine into the mac. USB for the midi stuff in but I don't think Garage Band will give you an external midi out. Logic will. When you get into the Logic soft synths and combine that with the V-synth capabilities you will have to remember to stop and eat at some point.
Have fun, I would.

Cheers.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Connecting V-Synth GT with Mac Pro and software

Post by Artemiy »

In GarageBand menu, go to Preferences, and then set the input device to V-Synth GT. Next, make a new audio track and double-click it to open the track properties pane, now you can select V-Synth GT as the input. Switch the monitor switch on and make sure the red record button is lit on the track, now you should hear the GT through your Mac.
lyzantheris

Woohoo!

Post by lyzantheris »

Thanks guys! I've got it up and running now. AHHH.. so excited for the possibilities!