Garage/band

Forum for Apple Mac computers
KRE8A

Garage/band

Post by KRE8A »

Hi,

I have started doing some editing with the edits in G/B and began to burn on CD's for practice to get as accurate as possible for sound performance on CD. When the final outcome is right on CD, in the sequencer, G/B, the song sounds mucky.

When mastering, even on a software sequencer, should the song sound equally right in all ?
Blues4dog

Re: Garage/band

Post by Blues4dog »

If you are listening to both of them through the same output, amp, speakers etc, they should sound the same.
GB has an "Auto Normalize" function on bouncing to CD which will change the sound. That may be it. If so, it can be switched on or off in preferences.
Check the "Audio Quality" setting too.
KRE8A

thanks..

Post by KRE8A »

''''''''
@@
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

TO Blues4dog

thanks 4 your detail on helping me with some of the issues I'm having with mastering in G/B. I flicked through what you had quoted and realized that wasn't the case. The piece i was mastering had to much dullness in G/B because that was the only way to bring out the life of the music onto CD from editing small amounts at a time, on the program; to be played in different sound systems;, with sound neatness. MAN; ' I've gotta put it """ that mastering is certainly not an easy task, when fining out the sound of a musical piece. This is something that takes a lot of practice with, to get the proper knack.
Blues4dog

Re: Garage/band

Post by Blues4dog »

I agree.
I'm no recording professional so I just keep messing with it until I think it's right. Then I try it on the home system, multimedia speakers, in the car and everywhere else I can find. Even then I listen to it the next day and start to think that it could be better. Eventually I have to say "enough" and just leave it alone. :-)

Cheers

B4D