Macbook Pro - ART!!!!!!!

Forum for Apple Mac computers
madAhorn

Macbook Pro - ART!!!!!!!

Post by madAhorn »

Why did I ever meet you???

Now I am shopping for a Macbook Pro because of you.

I cannot decide on any new music gear anyway, so a new computer might be the answer.

My first time ever touching a Mac was today at Best Buy. I am addicted already.
I just cannot quite decide yet which model to get.

Don't tell anyone, OK.

I will never become a Mac Snob
I will never become a Mac Snob...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Macbook Pro - ART!!!!!!!

Post by Artemiy »

Oh yes... you just made your first step into the land of rainbows and there is no road back! :-)

Seriously, you're doing the right thing. Your life will soon change to better. Much better.

As for which to choose, I would assume that you're mainly pondering between 13.3" and 15.4" models, right? If so, you see 13.3" with 2.26 GHz and 2.53 GHz, then 15.4" with 2.53 GHz and 2.66 GHz. All of them are about $300 away from each other.

If I had to make my choice, I would go for 15.4" with 2.53 GHz for $1,699.00. It has a bigger screen form the base model which will let you work comfortably with music tasks without an external monitor, plus it has 4 GB RAM and 250 GB HDD stock. I also think you should consider a 320 GB HDD - it is just a $50 option.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

You're exaclty correct.

At first I wanted the smallest screen...
Then the sales rep brought up Garage Band and I knew I needed the bigger screen.

OK..I'll look into the bigger hard drive as well.

Bring on the Rainbows! :-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Good luck with your purchase, and please e-mail me for a little gift! ;-)
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Art, I didn't realize you were giving out gifts for the new Mac converts. By chance would it be the same gift you gave out from last year's fund raising efforts (which I just found on an external drive and will bring into Logic).
I am all open for "gifts" being a Mac-addict now (which means I am also poor and owing the bank lots of money- but it was worth it).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You have my e-mail, don't you? ;-)
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Everytime I see one of you guys switching to Macs I get jealous. After 30 years I'm really fed up with Windows. I'm most certanly getting a Mac Mini for my music work and just leave Windows for the usual office aplications on my old PC. I just regret I'll have to leave Sonar that I love so much. iMacs are too expensive for me not to mention that I have a new large Samsung display. I'm following the other thread about Mac Mini as a DAW and it looks it will be enough for me.
Unfortunately I still will have to wait since things are really though around here - no rainbows for me yet :-(
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

V-CeeOh, modern Mac Mini, even the most simple model, has a faster CPU than my iMac. And I use it for music production quite successfully - so you can be sure you'll be very happy with a Mac Mini. In any case in terms of instruments and effects your Mini will be able to handle much more than, say, a Fantom-G.

Wishing you all the best for a soonest purchase possible!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Hi guys,
I've been quiet here, as I'm "digesting" my new iMac !!!
Busy converting all the projects done with Acid Pro and Sonar to Reaper 64.
I just didn't decide if I stay with Reaper64 or if I start using GB and in a near future Logic (if needed to).

This machine is just awesome !!!

And guess what... It also runs Windows, using a Virtual machine, or directly on the Mac hardware, using the Apple dual boot feature BootCamp.
Just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bits, just to test it. Runs fast, very fast.

;-)
jrmannonIII

Post by jrmannonIII »

Just got my 21.5" iMac, 8 GB RAM, 2 TB hard drive, and I think I'm leaving my wife ;-) No, but seriously, I am in love. Did I read something about a free gift? I like free stuff!