Edirol FA-66 and selection of inputs

Forum for Apple Mac computers
baldie76

Edirol FA-66 and selection of inputs

Post by baldie76 »

Hi there

Have an iMac with snow leopard. Bough an Edirol FA-66 which I'm currently using to digitize vinyl. However so far have only managed to do this with garage band which only records as mp3.

The reason I can only use garage band is its the only piece of software which allows me to select the inputs i.e. 3/4 rather than 1/2. Using the audio setup I can select edirol, but it won't allow me to select specific inputs.

Does anyone know whether I can select the inputs using audio setup? Or whether there is a piece of software which will allow me to do this and export as .wav?
Synthdance

Re: Edirol FA-66 and selection of inputs

Post by Synthdance »

Hi,

I'm not sure on how accustomed you are with Mac, but there are two places to set audio prefs. One is in Preferences and it is just a basic one. Another one is in Utilities and it is called Audio and Midi Preferences (or something like that). There you should be able to set the default inputs and outputs of your interface.

Cheers,

Mac
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Humm... If works correctly with Garageband, most probably it's not a FA-66 issue, but a Reason configuration one.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

GarageBand records in MP3? Are you sure? :-)

GB records in 16 or 24 bit, 44.1 kHz uncompressed audio, just like any other pro audio software. It's when you EXPORT out of GB you specify the format, and you should uncheck the "compress" mark if you want a pure .aiff file in the end.

As for multiple inputs in other software, maybe you could try creating an aggregate device with Audio/MIDI Setup app, just with channels 3/4?