Really an iMovie question...well two

Forum for Apple Mac computers
sishan

Really an iMovie question...well two

Post by sishan »

This site seems to be more friendlier and responsive than the Apple Discussion forum so I'm posting it here.....

1) I have a video in my still camera which plays fine in iPhoto. But I don't see it under events library in iMovie. The file I think is in .avi format. Does iMovie have any problem with that? Any workaround as I really intend to do some post production on that little video.

2) In iMovie Project window, whenever the mouse hovers on the clips, iMovie tries to "scrub" through them and tries to play every second content of the video/audio which ends up with an irritating screetch . Any way to stop that?

Many thanks
Shantanu
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Really an iMovie question...well two

Post by Artemiy »

1) Drag that video from iPhoto onto your desktop, then in iMovie you can import movie from the file menu, it will appear in your collection.

2) Hmm, but this is a feature of iMovie. This is done so you can scrub through any episode and then precisely and quickly select the exact region you want. Greatly speeds up video composition.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

This site seems to be more friendlier and responsive than the Apple Discussion forum

You are right, I replied to your question in 3 minutes! :-)
sishan

Post by sishan »

ahhh....there you go Art! Really appreciate it :-)

1) that sounds easy then...will give it a go

2) hmmm, I also thought so. May be I will learn to accept the easiness and efficiency in having that feature. Need to move my perceptions away from what Pinnacle Studio used to do on Win XP.

Thanks much