Connecting the Juno G on the Mac Book, Midi-mode... without

Forum for Apple Mac computers
FranzBiberkopf

Connecting the Juno G on the Mac Book, Midi-mode... without

Post by FranzBiberkopf »

Hi there

Just like loads of Juno G users, my LCD screen has left me months ago and I'm not covered by any guarantee and can't afford replacing it. Still, I'd like to retrieve the functions of the LCD screen one way or another through my Mac Book via the Editor software that came along with the synthesizer. I've followed all the instructions as precisely as I could but still the Juno doesn't appear on my Mac Book or in the Editor software - and I guess there's something I haven't done on the synthesizer as I'm only "guessing" what I'm doing when I try to put it on Midi Mode.
Is there a way to do that or is it actually useless to even try?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Tom.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Connecting the Juno G on the Mac Book, Midi-mode... with

Post by Artemiy »

If you installed the USB MIDI driver, maybe it was the older version which doesn't support the latest Snow Leopard. Go to RolandUS.com or Roland.com and get the newest Mac driver for JUNO-G.
FranzBiberkopf

Post by FranzBiberkopf »

interesting. i'm gonna try that. and is it possible to retrieve all the functions of the LCD screen through that software on the computer?
by the way, shouldn't I also reset the synthesizer?

thank you for your answer;
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

No, the editor will only let you edit the patches, performances and effects, but can't access the sequencer or anything else.