Apple developers at NAMM

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Apple developers at NAMM

Post by Artemiy »

It's very nice to see that you can get answers to technical questions personally with Apple engineers, not having to buy the pass to the summer developer conference.

Audio Device Plug-fest at the NAMM Show
(posted at Apple CoreAudio mailing list)

"Several engineers from the Mac audio team are attending the NAMM show. If you are are interested in discussing Mac audio topics or have questions regarding FireWire or USB audio devices, we'd be happy to talk to you. We'll have engineers here that maintain all of the audio drivers that ship with OS X (built-in audio, USB, and FireWire). We're interested in hearing your thoughts and concerns and will do our best to answer any questions you may have. Additionally, we'd like to discuss the progress that the IEEE has made on the Ethernet Audio-Video Bridging (AVB) effort over the past year.

This year we have our own room in the convention center that we can use for meetings (room 106 outside of Hall A - no badge required). We will also have some Macs and test equipment with us, so you are welcome to bring your latest USB or FireWire audio device to see how well it is working with OS X. If there are issues, we'll have some time to help you narrow down the problem. Anyone is free to come by to consult with us and use our test equipment between 10 a.m. and Noon today (Jan 14) and Saturday (Jan 15)."
dbijoux

Re: Apple developers at NAMM

Post by dbijoux »

If you are are interested in discussing Mac audio topics or have questions regarding FireWire or USB audio devices

I'd like to know if it's true iPad 3.0 will have firewire and how can that be when I've heard Apple is dropping firewire support in the future Macbooks. :-\

I have to laugh at the hand holding tho... bring in your problematic interface what? so you can drink the iTea?

((( (( ( iMacs are great ) )) ))) ((( (( ( iMacs are great ) )) )))

Actually it's a good idea, every manufacturer should test hardware compatibility more, but at NAMM? Developers going to need the iTea for themselves after two days of that.