Sounds of Fantom-X better than LOGIC instrument ?

Forum for Apple Mac computers
CJ

Sounds of Fantom-X better than LOGIC instrument ?

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Somehow my thoughts about Logic-instruments and Fantom-X sounds are 'fighting' .

Btw, in this case I am talking about mostly non-synth sounds. So I mean piano, strings, bassguitar, drums etc.

I work with 3 options for song-creating :

- Use Logic just as sequencer and sounds of Fantom X through midi
- Use Logic sequencer with Logic instruments, plugins etc. and nothing else
- Use Logic sequencer with a combination of plugins and midi Fantom X sounds

Somehow I often think that the bread-and-butter sounds of the Fantom X sound better than the Logic instruments, even better than East West Colossus (I tried) to me . At least the Fantom X sounds are more 'sturdy' or 'powerful/cleaner' to me (I also love my SRX Complete Orchestra !!!)

Of course I realize there many options with plugins and DAW-setup etc., but it just seems to not 'do' for me.

Am I just impatient to learn to work with plugins ? (I DO see the easy/quick workflow with plugins, because I don't have that whole midi-to-record-audio-etc.) then.

Or can anyone recommend me a virtual instrument set plugin that also has good bread-butter sounds, without having to tweak too much ?

Hope my point is clear, and I also do NOT underestimate plugin instruments.

Curious about your thoughts !

CJ
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Sounds of Fantom-X better than LOGIC instrument ?

Post by Artemiy »

For future-proof flexibility, I use plugin instrument tracks, and all outboard gear goes into audio tracks. So I do not depend on it and all my projects will open up and play just fine no matter how my rig changes.