Problems loading Omnisphere

Forum for Apple Mac computers
EJ2

Problems loading Omnisphere

Post by EJ2 »

Greetings all,
Venturing in further to software and just installed Omnisphere on my Macbook Pro. However, I can't figure out how to get it to load up. I've tried Garage Band, n-Track, Ableton... but I can't find the AU to load up.

Now I know why I prefer hardware (except for my iPad 2 which has been a treat).
EJ2

Re: Problems loading Omnisphere

Post by EJ2 »

Replying to my own post. I've found a temporary/reasonable solution for now. It took me a bit to find the right procedure(s) to finally get Omnisphere to open. I used the free MULAB and found Omnisphere as VSTi after farting and fiddling around with different paths to get to it. Once it opened, then I managed to authorize it and update. Shit, I hate software. I'll report later.
Cheers,
Jim (aka EJ2)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Well Spectrasonics should be able to help you with this one. My install of Omnisphere went just fine, the only little bit I had to do is to switch sample playback from Server to Streaming, otherwise it wouldn't play samples. BTW after you hear Omnisphere, you will take your words back :-) It is a masterpiece.
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

Artemiy wrote:Well Spectrasonics should be able to help you with this one. My install of Omnisphere went just fine, the only little bit I had to do is to switch sample playback from Server to Streaming, otherwise it wouldn't play samples. BTW after you hear Omnisphere, you will take your words back :-) It is a masterpiece.
Thanks Art,
Yes, I switched it to Streaming as well....and you're right, Omnisphere is a real gem. Still much more to learn, not the least of which will be to integrate my iPad 2 Omni TR app.