New Lion OS in July

Forum for Apple Mac computers

New Lion OS in July

Postby PauloF » 14:18, 9 June 2011

New Lion OSx will be out in July,

Amazing features!!
See all about the New Lion HERE
User avatar
PauloF
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: 02:35, 16 January 2006
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Kristijan » 23:22, 19 June 2011

Ola, Paulo!

Will you upgrade your Mac OS X?
User avatar
Kristijan
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 15:56, 20 December 2008

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Beantown » 21:37, 22 June 2011

All cool features. But nothing I would find particularly useful for my application. Maybe the additional gestures on the mouse pad would be nice. Other than that I don't see much reason to make the switch. Will be sticking with Snow Leopard... for now.
Beantown
 
Posts: 187
Joined: 05:43, 15 September 2007

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby PauloF » 17:27, 23 June 2011

Kristijan wrote:Ola, Paulo!

Will you upgrade your Mac OS X?


привіт Kristijan !!

Lots of cool and useful features, but...

I hope that new drivers are not required for all my Roland/Edirol/Boss/Cakewalk based hardware

let's wait for other guys to do the change first, and then we'll see :-)
User avatar
PauloF
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: 02:35, 16 January 2006
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby EJ2 » 19:32, 23 June 2011

Has anyone bought and compared the new iMacs with their forerunners. I don't want to read specs. I want to know whether the new models significantly outperform their older siblings.


I posted this in the iMac refresh threads, but I don't think anyone noticed. So, what's the word?
EJ2
 
Posts: 444
Joined: 15:25, 19 October 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Artemiy » 15:48, 4 July 2011

EJ2 wrote:
Has anyone bought and compared the new iMacs with their forerunners. I don't want to read specs. I want to know whether the new models significantly outperform their older siblings.


I posted this in the iMac refresh threads, but I don't think anyone noticed. So, what's the word?


EJ, check out the MacWorld website, they have comparative benchbarks for all Mac models. BTW the latest models are quite a bit faster, especially since quad models can be had for less now.
User avatar
Artemiy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19754
Joined: 13:00, 17 April 2003
Location: Ukraine

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Artemiy » 15:49, 4 July 2011

Beantown wrote:All cool features. But nothing I would find particularly useful for my application. Maybe the additional gestures on the mouse pad would be nice. Other than that I don't see much reason to make the switch. Will be sticking with Snow Leopard... for now.


Full screen apps and iOS-linke app organisation would be the most important features for me. These two would be worth upgrading alone for. And it's only $29...
User avatar
Artemiy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19754
Joined: 13:00, 17 April 2003
Location: Ukraine

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Rodan » 18:38, 4 July 2011

I think the iCloud will be of real use for me. Does anyone know if Lion is required for that?
Rodan
 
Posts: 464
Joined: 14:33, 10 June 2006
Location: San Diego, USA

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby PauloF » 00:31, 23 July 2011

Rodan wrote:I think the iCloud will be of real use for me. Does anyone know if Lion is required for that?


No, Lion is not required for the Cloud to be used. Just download it from the App Store, sign-up and enjoy
User avatar
PauloF
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: 02:35, 16 January 2006
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Kristijan » 17:54, 23 July 2011

Paulo, new drivers are required for your Roland/Edirol/Boss/Cakewalk hardware with Lion.

Anybody knows when new drivers for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) will be released?
User avatar
Kristijan
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 15:56, 20 December 2008

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby PauloF » 18:45, 23 July 2011

Kristijan wrote:Paulo, new drivers are required for your Roland/Edirol/Boss/Cakewalk hardware with Lion.

Anybody knows when new drivers for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) will be released?


@Kristijan, How do you know that ? did you buy it already ??? ;-)

I guess my upgrade to Lion will wait then...
User avatar
PauloF
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: 02:35, 16 January 2006
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby PauloF » 07:05, 24 July 2011

Well...GOOD News guys !!!

I've upgraded my iMAC to Lion and... ALL my Roland devices work perfectly !!! (SonicCell, V-Synth XT, A-800 Pro, PCR-500, UM-550, UM-3EX, FA-101).

I even didn't have to reinstall any driver...
User avatar
PauloF
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: 02:35, 16 January 2006
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby PauloF » 12:24, 24 July 2011

OOppsss.....
"Huston...we have a problem!"

The V-Synth (2.0, XT) Librarian is no more supported, as it states the error:

Can not open the application V-Synth Librarian because the Installer for PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

However there is no problem with the V-Synth GT Librarian
User avatar
PauloF
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: 02:35, 16 January 2006
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: New Lion OS in July

Postby Kristijan » 13:26, 24 July 2011

PauloF wrote:Well...GOOD News guys !!!

I've upgraded my iMAC to Lion and... ALL my Roland devices work perfectly !!! (SonicCell, V-Synth XT, A-800 Pro, PCR-500, UM-550, UM-3EX, FA-101).

I even didn't have to reinstall any driver...


You have right, while I was wrong. New drivers aren't needed for Roland devices with Lion.
User avatar
Kristijan
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 15:56, 20 December 2008


Return to Mac

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest