Check out my first synthesizer plugin!

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Check out my first synthesizer plugin!

Post by Artemiy »

Hey guys,

I am happy to let you know that I finally developed my very first synthesizer instrument plugin. It's called Diffusion, works on Macs, and it's made for creating complex motion sounds.

You can find all the details about it at the Sinevibes website:
http://www.sinevibes.com/diffusion/

Here is how it looks:
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 13.28.02.png
Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 13.28.02.png (127.32 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
JavaJ

Re: Check out my first synthesizer plugin!

Post by JavaJ »

Art, there is no link attached to the sound sample- would love to hear this thing.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You must be using a quite old browser, as all recent Safari/Firefox/Opera versions do support HTML5 audio playback.

Here is the direct link anyways:
http://www.sinevibes.com/media/diffusio ... amples.m4a
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Nice work! Is this what you've been holed up in the lab conquering?

I especially liked those glides sounds with their smooth transitions into some grit.

At first, I thought WTF is going on with the interface, but after reading a sentence in the manual it's really quite simple and elegant as one would expect. I think this would be rather fun to use, just one question - what's up with the waveshapes? They all look kinda like basic oscillators with noise. FM?

So when you going to port these to PC/VST? ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

dbijoux wrote:Nice work! Is this what you've been holed up in the lab conquering?
I have been developing my own software almost exclusively for the past year, and I think for the next year that's not going to change. Too much fun stuff you can do when everything is under your control :-)
At first, I thought WTF is going on with the interface, but after reading a sentence in the manual it's really quite simple and elegant as one would expect.
Yes it's very easy to use once you learn a few simple concepts. I have the same language across all plugins.
I think this would be rather fun to use, just one question - what's up with the waveshapes? They all look kinda like basic oscillators with noise. FM?
The oscillators are additive, with 5-10 harmonics, then you have waveshapers which effectively "bend" the simple waveform into more complex ones, adding more high-frequency components. My waveshapers are quite unique and have been licensed a few times, including by Spectrasonics for their Omnisphere.
So when you going to port these to PC/VST? ;-)
You're going to switch to a Mac sooner than that :-)
JavaJ

Post by JavaJ »

Artemiy wrote:You must be using a quite old browser, as all recent Safari/Firefox/Opera versions do support HTML5 audio playback.

Here is the direct link anyways:
http://www.sinevibes.com/media/diffusio ... amples.m4a
That's what happens when you are trying to surf from work.
Interesting synth.
So, I know you made it- but can you tell me why none of the Logic plug-in's couldn't recreate these sounds.
Also, how many presets are there (or is this a mangle-your-own-sound synth).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

JavaJ wrote: So, I know you made it- but can you tell me why none of the Logic plug-in's couldn't recreate these sounds.
This is a question to Apple, not me :-) All I can say is nobody has yet developed something that really pushes what's possible with waveshaping transfer functions. You CAN indeed find waveshapers elsewhere, like in NI MASSIVE or Roland V-Synth, but I have a bigger variety of them and more parameters to control.
Also, how many presets are there (or is this a mangle-your-own-sound synth).
There are about 25 presets with the initial release, however I'll be adding more in the next updates. First update should come within a few weeks, in fact. And in any case, making your own patches is as easy as playing a game, seriously.