Cakewalk A-800pro controller and Logic 9

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Wilmar

Cakewalk A-800pro controller and Logic 9

Post by Wilmar »

Hello,

I'm wondering if ACT and Logic work together controlling and auto-mapping instruments. Because if it does I'm going to trade my Edirol PCR-800 for a Cakewalk A800-pro. I understand that there are new drivers on the Roland website for logic. And when I install these, ACT shows up as a controller. From the manual I understand that controlling the basic functions (transport and mixing desk) is no problem. But...

will it auto-map VST instruments controls?

If there's anyone here with a A-800, A-500 or A300 and Logic 9. Please let me know.
Because else I will look for alternatives like M-Audio or Novation, but I really like the Edirol and Cakewalk keyboards.

Thanks in advance, Wilmar
PauloF

Re: Cakewalk A-800pro controller and Logic 9

Post by PauloF »

Wilmar wrote:Hello,

I'm wondering if ACT and Logic work together controlling and auto-mapping instruments. Because if it does I'm going to trade my Edirol PCR-800 for a Cakewalk A800-pro. I understand that there are new drivers on the Roland website for logic. And when I install these, ACT shows up as a controller. From the manual I understand that controlling the basic functions (transport and mixing desk) is no problem. But...

will it auto-map VST instruments controls?

If there's anyone here with a A-800, A-500 or A300 and Logic 9. Please let me know.
Because else I will look for alternatives like M-Audio or Novation, but I really like the Edirol and Cakewalk keyboards.

Thanks in advance, Wilmar
I have the PCR-500, the A-800 Pro and Logic 9.
However knowing that the A-800 Pro ACT function works up to some extent with Logic and GarageBand, as I'm not using it to control the DAW, nor my main DAW is Logic (I'm controlling my synths and Midi volumes with it) I really have to try it first. Then I can tell you precisely what the ACT function does with Logic.
Wilmar

Post by Wilmar »

Thanks, PauloF, I'm looking forward to your conclusions. I'm looking into using the PCR with Mainstage too.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Wilmar wrote:Thanks, PauloF, I'm looking forward to your conclusions. I'm looking into using the PCR with Mainstage too.
I've made some experiments in my limited time, and made some tests but all inconclusive... I never manafged to get A-Pro to real control Logic, apart from the transport controls. Maybe it's because I don't know Logic too well...