Roland A-PRO Editor: No MIDI Devices listed

Forum for Apple Mac computers
radicalgel

Roland A-PRO Editor: No MIDI Devices listed

Post by radicalgel »

I just got the A800 PRO and I've installed the drivers and A-PRO editor. I've also setup the keyboard in the Mac "Audio MIDI Setup" just as the manual has instructed. Now when I open the A-PRO editor and try to set the MIDI devices input and output, I only see X's. The asks me to select A-PRO as output and A-PRO 2 as input but I can find either of these. I've try selecting the X's but it's not working. When I try and receive a ctrlmap from the a800 it endlessly says transmitting. If I Transmit to the A800 from the editor, it shows the progress bar and successfully transmits but none of the changes reflect on the Keyboard. Can someone please tell me how to solve this?
Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 9.46.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 9.46.23 PM.png (175.48 KiB) Viewed 12588 times
System Specs:

Mac OSX 10.8.2
Logic Pro 9.1.8
A-PRO Editor 1.01
A800 USB Driver for OSX10.8
radicalgel

Re: Roland A-PRO Editor: No MIDI Devices listed

Post by radicalgel »

BUMP! I have attached a screenshot of the issue.
radicalgel

Post by radicalgel »

Seriously... No one here uses a Roland A-PRO keyboard with a Mac on OSX (10.8.2) Mountain Lion?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

radicalgel wrote:Seriously... No one here uses a Roland A-PRO keyboard with a Mac on OSX (10.8.2) Mountain Lion?
Check HERE to see if you have the latest driver:

Compatible Driver

Latest Editor, Version 1.01

I hope this helps
kspssd

Post by kspssd »

Any answers yet ?? I have added a pdf of my issue. The Midi Device Icon arrow sequence do not match. SO Based on the Roland instructions..ie.
"... Use the mouse to drag between the ▲ and ▼ symbols (representing input and output, respectively) of [A-PRO] and each [New Device] so that they are connected as shown in the illustration below..."

I am darts as far as how to configure the input output connections. Also, when I op[/b]en the editor, Only Port 1 and Port 2 are avail. to select. Nothing with the A Pro name.
Attachments
A pro Midi Device Icon pic.pdf
Midi Device Icons
(46.32 KiB) Downloaded 477 times