TR-8S in Ableton11 with Macbook Pro M1 Monterey

Forum for Apple Mac computers
Leopardi

TR-8S in Ableton11 with Macbook Pro M1 Monterey

Post by Leopardi »

Hello all,
before I finally doubt my intellect, I will describe my problem here:
I am trying in vain to get my TR-8S to work with Ableton. I have set the TR-8S to "individual" in the USB settings and created 11 audio tracks for the individual instruments in Ableton. The TR-8S is selected as input and as output in the Ableton preferences. So far, everything is exactly as it can be seen in the few YouTube videos about the connection and routing. I have done as described.
I can also start and stop the TR-8S from Ableton, but I see no peak on the individual channels and I hear nothing. Drivers are the latest.
Is there a known problem wit Mac OS Monterey or can someone give me another tip?
Thanks for help!
devonrose

Re: TR-8S in Ableton11 with Macbook Pro M1 Monterey

Post by devonrose »

Leopardi wrote: 17:49, 10 December 2022 Hello all,
before I finally doubt my intellect, I will describe my problem here:
I am trying in vain to get my TR-8S to work with Ableton. I have set the TR-8S to "individual" in the USB settings and created 11 audio tracks for the individual instruments in Ableton. The TR-8S is selected as input and as output in the Ableton preferences. So far, everything is exactly as it can be seen in the few YouTube videos about the connection and routing. I have done as described.
I can also start and stop the TR-8S from Ableton, but I see no peak on the individual channels and I hear nothing. Drivers are the latest.
Is there a known problem wit Mac OS Monterey or can someone give me another tip?
Thanks for help!
Hmmm, generally it should 'just work' and when it doesn't it can be rather hard to isolate.
  • Is the TR-8S running the latest firmware?
  • Has the Macbook Pro been fully rebooted recently?