Rubix 24 windows 10 update Aug 2019

Forums for Windows PC computers
ranzee

Rubix 24 windows 10 update Aug 2019

Post by ranzee »

I'm having some issues with the Roland Rubx 24 after a recent Windows update - for reference this is the version I'm now running:
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I use the interface for my main headphones and takes a stereo line input. I use it for OBS Studio live streams.

The problem is that it wont work in OBS Studio - I can't see the 2 channels input - and sometimes it wont playback the audio monitoring (yes it is all selected and set correctly). So after digging - the issue shows that a driver or device isn't liking Windows and shows as:

Rubix 24 DFU

and this won't install using Search for drivers or Windows update (no new updates at the time of posting). The reason why I'm seeing Rubix 24 DFU is for a firmware update - and it seems that this problem should go away if the device driver is installed correctly.

I've tried:
  • New USB Port both 2 and 3.0
  • New USB cable
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, even deleting the drivers.
  • Installing the drivers from the Roland website (which is an older Windows 10 build) - this causes more issues.
  • Reboots after each of the above.
The Rubix 24 still shows up as an Audio device under Audio inputs and outputs (Speaker(Rubix24)), Sound and video game controllers: Rubix 24 with 2 x entries - one with a yellow exclamation mark. This shows:

Code: Select all

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect.
on the Rubix24 DFU - this shows under properties:

Code: Select all

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
I've tried running it with the 5v power source or just via the USB cable alone - no difference.

I've tried this: https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... 906214f53/

and it causes other issues as they are for older builds of windows.

anyone else got this issue?
ranzee

Re: Rubix 24 windows 10 update Aug 2019

Post by ranzee »

Support email sent to Roland. I'll update post when and if I hear back.
Octopully

Post by Octopully »

Hello,
I face the same problem as yours.
Have you heard back from Roland support team?
shin_sama

Post by shin_sama »

Hi all!
I had the exact same issue with my interface and i got it to work recently, im on Windows 10 Pro build 19045.3516 and couldn't find a solution anywhere until my desperation lead me to try crazy things like THE ONE THAT FIXED IT. Ill explain briefly in case someone is having this issue on Sep/2023 and hope this helps fix it.

1.Download the official latest driver provided by Roland. It will be an executable named 'rubix_wind_v107.exe'.
2.Download a file compressor, I think it works with WinRar an 7zip, I used 7zip. But you probably already have one instaled.
3.Right click the 'rubix_wind_v107.exe' executable and click extract here or extract to /file name.
4.Open the newly created 'rubix_wind_v107' and execute the 'setup.exe' inside or if you clicked on extract here just execute 'setup.exe'.
5.Install normally and that's it.

It worked for me after hours of looking everywhere for a hint and not finding anything. The problem was that the 'rubix_wind_v107.exe' executable said that succesfully created the Rubix_Driver folder but when looking for it to try and manually choose the driver there wasn't any folder created and no drivers unpacked, doing the steps i just pointed created the folder and the drivers installed themselves.
Hope it helps, bye all.