Which audio interface.

Forums for Windows PC computers
keyboardman

Which audio interface.

Post by keyboardman »

As a Roland Fantom X7 owner, I'm hoping to get some help here with a non-Roland question. I want to buy an audio interface for my computer on a bit of a budget. I want to be able to record up to 8 analogue channels simultaneously. I have a Behringer UB1832FX mixer which hasn't really got any direct outputs per channel (other than the aux/effects send & return inserts). I was thinking of an M-Audio Delta 1010 but that hasn't got any mic pre-amps or phantom power and the only way I think I can use this is by using the effect send & return inserts. Something tells me that this is not really the way it's done.
I've also looked at the Behringer ADA8000. Basically an A/D - D/A converter with an ADAT interface. Here comes the question:
Can I plug my snake straight into the ADA8000's Inputs with the outputs going to the front of house mixer? And also, am I right in assuming that I need to get some form of ADAT capable interface for the computer through which I can then record the raw audio on 8 tracks straight into a recording programme such as Cubase etc.?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Koo
kongwee

Re: Which audio interface.

Post by kongwee »

Alesis have multi channel firewire interface. I think they are very affortable for feature, sound quality not sure.
jcthemc

Re: Which audio interface.

Post by jcthemc »

go with the mackie onyx with firewire.. the 1220 will give you 12 channels of recording and the onyx is pristine with almost no noise floor

JC THE MC...
Fantom X6 2.10,V-Synth 2.0,B4 Real 7.0 B3 Emulator,Traction 2.0,Sound Forge 8,Acid 4.0,Mackie Onyx /w firwire option, Kliptch Pro media monitors, sennheiser hd 280 pro headphones