how to sync fantom x & cubase sx 2

Forums for Windows PC computers
kunnyfx7

how to sync fantom x & cubase sx 2

Post by kunnyfx7 »

How can I sync my fantomx with my laptop using cubase sx?
what I need is intruction of how to set this rigth.

Dell Inspiron E1505, presonus firepod, fantom X.
any help? tx

let the music be with you!!!
Doctor C

Re: how to sync fantom x & cubase sx 2

Post by Doctor C »

I'm not sure I understand the question. What exactly are you trying to do? If you can't record audio into Cubase you'll need to set up input/output buses correctly. If you can't control FX from within Cubase you'll need to download and install instrument definition script for FX. Other than that I don't understand what you might mean by "How can I sync my fantomx with my laptop" especially given the fact that FX is your only instrument. Please elaborate.
kunnyfx7

Post by kunnyfx7 »

Hi and tx for helping me here

what I'm trying to Do is sync my FX sequencer with Cubase sequencer. using cubase as master and FX as slave, so I Can record track by track all my song from my FX sequencer.
I'm already recording with cubase, but not in a sync form, I've already have instrument definition script for FX installed.

let the music be with you!!!
Doctor C

Post by Doctor C »

I don't know if you can sync FX sequencer with Cubase. Even if you can I don't think it would serve any purpose if all you want to do is to record audio track by track. I record audio into Cubase all the time and have never encountered out of sync problem you mentioned.

I'm sorry but I still don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about recording of the live performance or recording midi tracks? If you play and record your performance in real time as audio tracks (e.g. piano first, then bass, then guitar, etc) all you need is a metronome, skills and inspiration. After recording all your tracks into Cubase you can simply drag audio events to the common starting point. If you did play well and stick closely to the tempo all tracks should be in sync. If you record your performance as MIDI tracks first you can edit, arrange and sync MIDI data much easier then audio. After you're through with editing you'll have to record MIDI as audio track by track or, if you use FX in performance mode, you can record several MIDI tracks at the same time as a single stereo track.

Please let me know if I am missing the point of your question.