Any recommendations of good pdf writer software

Forums for Windows PC computers
alb

Post by alb »

Hello,

I am looking for a software that allows me to convert various documents ( such as MS Word, Excel, etc ) to PDF files, easily and fast. I have searched on Google but I'm not satisfied with the results so far, the free ones add advertising or watermark texts, and the paid ones are not very easy to use.
Silver Dragon Sound

Re: Any recommendations of good pdf writer software

Post by Silver Dragon Sound »

I use the original as I paid for a copy of adobe acrobat pro. One you get the basics down the process is straightforward. The program is also pretty powerful but unfortunately the price tag is pretty steep.
TOTAL

Post by TOTAL »

PDFCreator

Very good.
tzoid

Post by tzoid »

I use Cute PDF. Installs as a printer driver. Just hit the print button, enter the filename and click ok. No watermark or ads. And it is free.

---
New here? Check this out!
alb

Post by alb »

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestions!
I tried PrimoPDF but for some reason it did not worked properly on my computer... very weird, I uninstalled and installed it several times...
I wouldn't like to use aditional software like ghostscript. CutePDF used it and despite the program was ok, it didn't fulfill my needs.I also found PDF Factory Pro ( pdffactory.com ) and PDF Writer Pro ( http://www.amicutilities.com/pdf-writer/ [url]) which look very good.. the first one looks like a very popular software and the other has very good compression for the same quality. If you have any suggestions please let me know..
nsheldon

Post by nsheldon »

Hi alb.

Welcome to the Roland Clan.

I'm guessing you're using Windows. Just so you know for your next computer purchase, Mac OS X includes the ability to save any file as a PDF as part of the operating system in ever Print dialog box. Attached is a PDF copy of this thread, as an example of the output.

Regards,

Nathan Sheldon
http://www.nathansheldon.com/
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Hehe, Nate, I was going to say the same ;-)

Indeed, Mac OS X has a built-in native and elegant PDF support, both reading and writing. I was also stunned that the bundled Preview app not only shows images (and edit them) and PDFs but also Photoshop and Illustrator files.

picaja

Post by picaja »

Hi,

I use pdfcreator and it's free. (see poster TOTAL)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Does not install in Vista but XP is no problem.

You could also install openoffice as you can open microsoft office documents and save as pdf.

picaja

Fantom X7 (srx07-srx98),Roland JD800 (2),Roland JD990 (2),Roland JV1080,Korg Wavestation A/D,Korg EX8000,Korg Prophecy,Waldorf Microwave 2,Alesis Multimix Firewire 16, Roland AX7