sync audio with audio

Forums for Windows PC computers
Gian

sync audio with audio

Post by Gian »

I'm getting into cakewalk right now and I'm wondering if anyone on here has any tricks to syncing audio tracks with audio tracks. The dance music I create has to be right on.
SammyJames

Re: sync audio with audio

Post by SammyJames »

Well, I do know that Cakewalk has an audio quantization function. You will need to learn how to use it properly, because it has been some years since I used any Cakewalk software, but I'll give you the theory.

1. FIgure out the tempo.

2. Use the "remove silence" and "generate beat" tools, or whatever they are callled in Cakewalk.

3. Use the handles that Cakewalk generates to fine-tweak the resulting audio tracks.

I do think that Cakewalk has probably put a tutorial somewhere in the manual or in the program itself. Assuming that you are using a new enough and expensive enough version of Sonar, then you should be able to do what I'm saying here. Generally, you need to be able to break the beats up in any audio clip so that you can stretch or compress the audio to match the tempo of the song.

Again, this is a really obtuse response to your question. But I hate to see your thread go unnoticed. So, if anyone else wants to add to my reply, feel free.

- Sammy

Sammy James has been approved for use by people who need approval.

http://www.sammyjames.com/music.htm